A little about Norm Scott

Central, New Jersey, United States
"... because in life, there are no second takes" That is how I view all the details of my profession. I am fully committed to providing the finest photographs that are possible! For generations to come your photographs will be treasured and enjoyed. From the moment you decide I am the one to photograph the most important day of your lives, until long after the last guest has gone, my commitment to you and my craft never wavers! My wife and I have been happily married for almost 25 years, and believe it or not, we met on a blind date! We have 2 dogs with excellent taste and from time to time they might chime in with their thoughts. Check in every so often. Thanks for stopping by.

Windows on the Water at Frogbridge

Windows on the Water at Frogbridge
View over the lake

When a wedding Photographer gets carried away

When a wedding Photographer gets carried away
Bad Idea

Here he is again

Here he is again

Hello I m a photojournalist

Hello I m a photojournalist

Thursday, May 20, 2010

A sales pitch from an amateur photographer

Hi,
Getting married is one of the most important days in your life, so why not trust it to someone who is willing to work from free to cheap?

I have had a slr digital camera for a few good years now and I can take great pictures of landscapes and flowers.

I am wiling to do a few free weddings then I will be charging only $250.00 to spend all day with you.

I do not have insurance or backup equipment.
I do not have many different lenses and lighting equipment like the professional photographers have so I can do your photography much cheaper.

I also have not paid lots of money for training courses so I do not have to make the money back on that (beware that most of these photographers take continuing education courses every year keeping there skills up to date and learning what is new and trendy, but it is you the customer that pays for it).

Most professional photographers have lenses that cost as much as $1500.00 or more, and they have more than one.
I know the lens that came free with my consumer camera and a couple of others purchased cheap from Ebay do just as good a job!

Anyway I have not photographed any weddings before but I have been to many of my friends weddings so I know how it works and I need photos for my portfolio so I can start charging.

If you are interested please email me at letmepracticeonyourbigday@hotmail.com

If this interests you you might try a high school student or someone who was just laid off from a long career having nothing to do with photography.

But it is true you most certainly get what you don't pay for.

No comments: